Search This Blog

Monday, April 30, 2012

A Fork in the Road: State Farmers Market Restaurant, Part II (Raleigh, NC)

The restaurant was filled wall-to-wall with folks last Saturday morning and considering the amount of people in line, you'd think it would be a long wait.  We luckily sat in eight minutes.  Of course, the basket of biscuits and hush puppies arrived, but I tried to not stuff myself given that I'd be eating a carb-loaded breakfast.


Scrambled eggs, grits, NC country ham and toast - the grits were creamy, but needed some salt to balance taste to texture.  I enjoyed the ham, but only a few bites.  Country ham is generally salty, but this was too much (for me). 

Forgot pancake picture

My dad ordered the Hungry Man breakfast - eggs, bacon, ham, gravy, grits, pancakes, toast with roasted apples.  Too. Much. Food., though I really enjoyed the small pancakes served with molasses. 


Grandma's fried chicken, mashed potatoes and green bean standby and it my opinion, 'where it's at'.  The lunch just blows the breakfast away.  I just like that most vegetables and fruit come from the Farmers Market and the fried chicken is damn near perfect! 

No comments:

Post a Comment