Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

SHUTTERED A Fork in the Road: The Burger Guys (Houston, TX)

On a drive from Fulshear, wayyy on the West side of Westheimer, in a not-so-present strip mall, is The Burger Guys. 

I popped in on a weekday and couldn't believe this place wasn't packed!  On arrival, you walk in the door and there is a separate 'stall' in which you order before taking your seat at either the counter or booth.

Naturally, I went with the Houston: onion bacon jam, Shiner Bock!!! mustard, bread & butter jalapeno, and cheddar cheese.  Not only am I excited for the jam and beer mustard, but this burger is on a grilled, sweet challah roll.  Oh Daddy!


This burger was the bomb!  The beef was so incredibly juicy and well-cooked with cheddar oozing off all sides.  I wasn't super stoked to see an entire jalapeno on the top, but ended up accepting this move in lieu of sliced jalapenos (ala everywhere else).  The only topping lost was the onion bacon jam.  I couldn't get even the slightest hint of onion and definitely no bacon. 


These fries....these fries....on the menu as Brussels.  Handcut!  Twice-cooked in DUCKFAT!  Sprinkled with flecks of salt.  Amazaballs!  And a million calories.  These perhaps were the best handcut fries I have ever consumed.    All the sauces, including the ketchup, are homemade.  With some fries I had the cilantro jalapeno and chipotle aoili, but the burger and fries are so damn good, you don't need any sauces.  I stopped dipping 5 fries in. 

For most Houstonians, going this far out Westheimer seems like a trek for a burger, but I assure you it is worth every bite!

12225 Westheimer Rd. 
www.theburgerguys.com

No comments:

Post a Comment