Search This Blog

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Hallooooo Deliciousness



I work in an area (50th & Broadway)where little, hidden gems can be uncovered any day of the week. I certainly didn't discover Hallo Berlin as they have their infamous cart on 54th & 5th Avenue, which ALWAYS has a line. Luckily, HB Express is an avenue away on 50th & 9th Avenue, and had NO line, or even a crowd for that matter.

After all these years, I finally got a taste of why folks patiently wait in line. Since I was a wurst-virgin, I asked the gentleman to pick what he thought was the best order and make me become a repeat sausage consumer. He chose the kielbasa on a perfect, crusty bun topped with fries (potatoes), onions,wine/redkraut and mustard. Holy tastebuds!!!! I could literally taste every single one of these ingredients with each bite! The side of potato and cucumber salad was tasty as well. It was mixed with vegetable oil, but not oily, mustard and a touch of dill. The portion was quite healthy as well...was absolutely enough for two.

It's a great lunch spot for under $10. I was told next time to get the wurst combo with a beer for $10. What a deal! http://www.halloberlinrestaurant.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment