Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

A Fork in the Road: Cliff's Old Fashion Hamburgers (Houston, TX)

Back in the day (oh, about 15 years ago), I remember Cliff's on Foutainview being one of the very few inexpensive restaurants outside the loop.  One weekend when visiting, I decided to take to trip down memory lane and head to Cliff's.  Unfortunately, I wasn't WOWed by the burger or fries.  In fact, the Texas burger at McDonalds might be better!  Granted, I probably shouldn't have ordered a turkey burger.


The patty was a thin, discolored mess with the only flavors coming from the mayo, mustard and wheat bun.  Actually, the wheat bun was pretty dang good...if only it had a succulent patty in between.  The handcut fries - greasy and non-edible. 

I might return for a regular burger and onion rings (what they are known for), but Houston now just has too many great burger spots to come back to Cliff's.  Sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment