Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 15, 2015

I'M BACK! with A Fork in the Road: Paris

It's been awhile! I took up working in kitchens in both NYC and Houston, so time was limited to blog.
Most recently, I traveled to Paris and had an insanely fabulous trip with my family.  This post will just highlight some of my favorite parts.

We all know the fruit and vegetables taste fresher (and different!) and are brighter colored in the EU. These were no exception.
See those cherry tomatoes? The best! We were buying almost daily. Sweet and just cracked perfectly when you bit down.
The beautiful Romanesco and purple artichoke
Flaky, buttery croissant from Des Gateaux et Du Pain in St. Germain
A shoppe with perfect pastries and magnificently showcased. 
 This was probably my favorite part of the trip.  Not only did I wake up every morning and run with my brother and get to 'see' the city in a different way, but we also walked through many of the open-air markets. It was orgasmic every time!  Here is a link of the markets throughout Paris: http://www.parisianlocal.com/a-list-of-street-markets-in-paris-by-day-of-the-week/

Early in the morning, I would see the fishmonger cracking open sea urchin and little old women eating it with tiny silver spoons.
Rod enjoying his well-earned banana Nutella crepe after a run.
Lights of my life, my parents.
Far and away the best meal we had in Paris. Waknine is an Asian influenced French restaurant. The halibut, steak tatare and roasted potatoes were superb!
Get to Paris in the Spring at least once in your lifetime!
And a HUGE thank you to my dad for taking my brother and myself on a trip we will never forget!

No comments:

Post a Comment