Search This Blog

Friday, October 23, 2009

Mi cerveza favorita es Modelo Especial A Fork in the Road: El Paraiso (DC)

Our final stop on the walking and biking tour was El Paraiso. According to Paulette, the two most popular types of cuisine in DC are El Salvadorian and Ethiopian...what a bizarre combination! We stopped here for a snack and it was love at first bite.

There's nothing I love more than small bites with a cerveza to wash it down. Paulette traveled El Salvador and Nicaragua for a few months, therefore, anything she suggested, I was gonna try. We split pupusas revueltas con queso (small thick tortillas stuffed with mozzarella cheese and pork or just cheese served with cabbage) and platanos fritos (fried plantains served with sour cream and beans).

I had a pork/cheese and plain 'ole cheese and I must say I enjoyed the plain cheese much, much more. Don't forget to shake Tapatio hot sauce on these!

The restaurant decor is nothing special sans the murals and soccer games as 'music'; but the women are sweet and speak mostly Spanish, so having P there was key :-)

Next time I head to DC, I'm eating a full meal here: El Paraiso 3908 14th Street NW
http://elparaisorestaurantsdc.com/menu.html
No reservations needed

No comments:

Post a Comment